Welcome to NoSleepCreative
12 October 2020 - Some of my content here are disappearing as I am migrating them into my private Notion database for easier curation. Not to worry, everything related to Motion Design will remain here.
A site dedicated to curating knowledge pertaining to Motion Design: a discipline that fuses graphic design, animation, film-making and everything I know to help you lead better lives! I have too many thoughts these days; and I love writing. This is where I channel all my ideas, best practices or theories about life I neologized. I wouldn't call this a blog but rather a virtual copy of my brain; a place where I can evaluate my thoughts, built upon them, and crystallize them into valuable knowledge.
Why the hell not?? Sharing is caring. Here at NoSleepCreative, we share and mapped out curated knowledge in accessible online format that students and professionals can used alike in the Motion Design and art industry.
Rather than keep it in a paper notebook I've stored it online in a wiki, which you're looking at now., it's a little disorganised and messy, you'll find things scribbled in the margins, sketches of ideas, shopping lists etc.It's not a manual, it's not official software documentation, quality varies depending on my stress levels at the time of writing. Hopefully most of it is interesting and/or useful.
In short, it is my peers and my manifesto to approaching to art and design.
- Knowledge bubbles > Database model — We do not know what we know and do not know
- Help us better identify and evaluate what we all know and don’t know
- Ultimately, increasing 'operational agility'
- Re-use and update for training new hires / freelancers / understudies / people stepping into a higher position
- Curate best practices
- for communicating within teams & managers
- file naming conventions
- workflow for different types of projects
- for software usage eg. C4D, Resolve, Houdini
- Things project managers want the design team to know (vice versa)
- Curation of data: deliverable and formats